If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, or a physician suspects it
may be Alzheimer’s disease, you or they may be eligible to participate in a clinical research study. RefocusALZ is a new clinical trial for Alzheimer’s disease. The purpose of this trial is to determine
if a new, twice-a-day, oral drug candidate called simufilam is safe and effective in slowing down the progression of mild-to-moderate Alzheimer’s disease. Simufilam is an investigational drug candidate that has not been approved by the US Food and Drug Association (FDA), or any regulatory agency, for the treatment of any condition.
- To be considered for the RefocusALZ study, patients must:
- Ages 50 to 87 years old
- Be diagnosed with, or have a suspected clinical diagnosis of, Alzheimer’s Disease
- Have a gradual change in memory for six months or more
- Have a family member or loved one who can be available as a study partner during the entire study
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have had a previous COVID-19 infection
Other criteria will apply. There is no cost to the patient to participate in the RefocusALZ trial or for any of the study-related procedures. No hospitalization is required. You may be compensated for your time and travel for each clinical study appointment.
Flyer_PTI-125-06_V1.0_03 Feb 2022